You may know it as the kitchen hood, the exhaust hood, or the range hood. No matter what you call it, it’s the fan that hangs over the stove or cooktop. You’ll find them in household kitchens and restaurants.
The primary function of the kitchen hood is to suck up airborne grease, fumes, steam, and more. This improves ventilation to make the kitchen a better environment. It also helps reduce the risk of a kitchen fire. Let’s take a closer look at the two main benefits of a kitchen hood: keeping the air clean and removing excess heat.
Cooking is a dirty process. Whenever you cook on a stovetop, all sorts of grease, fumes, carbon monoxide, and other particles go up into the air. Over time, they can stain the walls and promote bacteria and mold growth in the kitchen. Likewise, the grease may build up and become a serious fire hazard. With the kitchen hood’s fan removing these contaminants from the air, your kitchen stays cleaner and safer. Scheduling thorough restaurant cleaning in Central Florida also cuts down your fire risk.
Every cook knows how hot it can get in the kitchen. Running the kitchen hood helps keep the space cooler since it circulates the cooktop’s warm air out of the room. While it’s not as effective as an actual air conditioner, it does make a significant difference.
A lot of hard work goes into keeping a kitchen clean. Don’t let that effort go to waste! Any time you start scrubbing, moping, or wiping down surfaces, it’s essential to keep an eye out for three often-overlooked issues that can grow into review-ruining problems if left unattended.
- What’s Old and Where’s the Mold? – Cleaning out is as crucial for safety and sanitation as cleaning up. An easy way to keep mold and other contaminants from spoiling your fresh ingredients is to make inspecting and throwing out old food a part of your usual cleaning routine.
- How’s the Weather? – Mold doesn’t just come from aging inventory. In Florida’s heat and humidity, moisture is one of the most frequently under-addressed challenges for local restaurants. Prevent hidden damage and decay by checking for mold and water in areas like windows, doorways, and outdoor coolers, as well as adjusting temperatures to compensate for the regional climate.
- What Are You Working With? – Specific restaurants deal with different sanitation issues. If your staff frequently works with raw meats, you may need to pay special attention to cleaning procedures that effectively eliminate contamination from blood. If flambé is a regular technique, you’ll need to keep an eye out for smoke stains. Consider the unusual aspects and activities of your kitchen, and look up the best solutions for the safety and cleanliness concerns they create.
If you want to make sure you get a thorough cleaning, you can always turn to professionals in your area. They’ll take the hassle out of your hands and let your team focus on the cooking and service your customers deserve. Receive a quote for restaurant cleaning in Central Florida when you work with the team at Atlantic Steam Pressure Cleaning.
Food storage is an essential part of restraint management. We have put together three storage tips to help you improve your kitchen:
- Have Regular Inspections – You should find a licensed inspector who can thoroughly inspect your refrigerators and other appliances to make sure they are working correctly and meeting any health or safety requirements. Adhering to the manufacturer inspection recommendations is a wise plan.
- Clean Once a Week – A great way to ensure that there are no problems is to clean out refrigerators and other storage areas every week. Make sure you set aside some time to do this. If you get out of the habit, you will ignore these areas and problems may arise. No one wants to be featured on the local restaurant report.
- Replace Damaged Components – Is part of your refrigerator not working properly? It would be best if you replaced it as soon as possible. Whether it’s something as simple as a damaged gasket or a complicated issue like motor problems, it is vital that you correct this issue to guarantee that your fridge, freezer, or any other storage area is in working order.
You can keep things nice and clean in your kitchen with assistance from Atlantic Steam Pressure Cleaning. Our company is known for providing restaurant cleaning in Central Florida.